“This recipe is so easy and delicious, I never have leftovers. Double the recipe for family gatherings. Fresh salsa is a must! Mild works great!”
- 1 pound ground beef OR Turkey, OR Ground Chicken
- 1 small onion, chopped,
- 1/4 cup chopped of green bell pepper,
- 1/4 of chopped celery
- 1/2 Tbsp of minced Garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans (I used Ranch Style Beans)
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) container fresh restaurant-style salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced black olives (optional)
- Sour Cream on the side (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon of Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Cumin
- 1 (10.5 ounce) bag chili cheese flavored corn chips (such as Fritos(R)), crushed
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef and onion in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Stir chili beans, corn, salsa, olives, and taco seasoning into beef mixture and simmer until heated through and flavors blend, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Spread about 2/3 the crushed corn chips into a baking dish and top with the beef mixture. Sprinkle remaining chips over beef. (I only used them on top)
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly, about 25 minutes. Sprinkle with Mexican cheese blend and continue baking until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes more.