For the Crust:
- 1 Cup of REAL unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Cups of All purpose Flour (I used organic)
- 1 Cup of Sifted Organic Powdered Sugar (confectioners)
- 1/8 tsp of kosher salt
- 6 Large Farm Fresh Eggs
- 3 cups pure cane sugar
- 4 Tbsp Grated Lemon Zest – (I used organic lemons)
- 1/2 cup fresh organic lemon juice (organic)
- 1 Cup All purpose Flour (I used organic)
Preheat your oven to 350 and Spray a 9 X 13 pan and set aside.
Crust: Combine all the ingredients using a whisk or fork and mix well until you see crumbles. I pour the crust mixture into the pan and press flat all the way around. Bake for 15 min or until it just begins to brown.
Filling: I used an electric mixer. Combine dry ingredients then add eggs, lemon juice and then the zest. Mix on Med until frothy. Pour into the pan once the crust is ready and back for 30-35 min, but watch it closely and take out just before the top gets brown. Allow the dish to completely cook and dust with powdered sugar. Cut into squares and serve. This recipe serves about 8-10 squares depending on the size of the square. I serve mine with whipped cream or lemon sherbet.