This is a fav around my house, anytime of year!
- 4 Med Raw Sweet potatoes sliced thick (boiled until you can put a fork all the way through, drain)
- 1/2 stick of butter (unsalted)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar (any shade is good)
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons of AP Flour
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4/ tsp of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of ground ginger
- 1 tsp of vanilla
Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl, whip until the potatoes are mushy and the sugar and butter are combine – it might have lumps but don’t worry. Pour into a 9 inch pie pan with a raw pie crust (fork before you pour) and bake for 50-60 min – check it after 30 min and lay a pieace of foil on top so the crust edges won’t burn. Bake at 350 degrees just until the middle is a little giggly and let it cool completely before topping with whipped cream or topping as seen in the video. Enjoy! Last 1 week in the frig – but only if you ignore it, we ate ours in only 2 days.