One of my favorite foods is all the ingredients that go into Chicken Pot Pie. I love each and every one. I find myself looking, pondering and trying to create dishes surrounded by these ingredients. So I thought what better for the Fall and Winter would be a soup made from those same ingredients. You can serve this with Cornbread or Biscuits or even a Good Cracker. I hope you’ll enjoy and come back and comment on yours.
Ingredients: Everyone in the Pool – Crockpot
- 1 pound of boneless chicken – frozen
- 1.5 cups of frozen carrots
- 1.5 cups of sweet peas or green peas
- 1 cup of corn (optional)
- 1/2 cup of chopped; celery, onion,bell peppers (I used a mix/frozen)
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- tarragon, thyme and garlic powder – to taste
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- creole seasoning – optional
I cooked this for about 6 hours. Until the chicken fell apart.
- 3 tbsp ap – flour
- 1/2 stick of real butter
- 1 tsp of poultry season
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- parsley – to taste
- 2.5 cups of grassfeed whole milk
On med heat, melt your butter, add the seasonings, add the flour, with a wisk stir until there is a rue. Then add your milk heat until thick, slowly, don’t turn up the heat, just let it blend together to make a creamy sauce
After the 6 hours, I turn the crockpot down to “serve” and add the sauce and stir and its ready to serve.