I make this recipe in the Bread-machine, but you can certainly go “machine free” and kneed the dough by hand. You can also use standard ingredients, but I think this turns out best when using organic.
- 1 1/3 warm water (110 degrees)
- 1/4 non-fat dry milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups of All purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon pure cane sugar
- 1 Package of Dry Active Yeast
- 2 Tbsps of Olive Oil
- 1 to 2 Tbsp of garlic powder
1. Put yeast, sugar, olive oil in a measuring cup along with warm water. ( I use distilled water) Let this sit for 10 min until you see the yeast activate (bubbles and foam)
2. Once the yeast is ready, I pour the liquid into the bottom of the bread-maker pan.
3. Mix the Flour, Dry Milk, garlic powder and pour it over the top of the liquid already in the machine. I set the machine to start and I watch to make sure the flour and water have good levels to be incorporated. This point – preheat your oven to 475 degrees.
4. Once the dough has kneed the last time, I sprinkle my cutting board with a tablespoon of corn meal and a tablespoon of flour and I cut the dough into 3 equal pieces. I think spray the cheesecake pans I use (they break apart) and push the dough out with my fingers making sure it goes up around the edges. Assemble your pizza with the sauces, vegetables, meats and cheeses you like and pop into the oven for 10 min on convection setting. I watch it pretty close so it will not stand a chance to burn. Allow the pizza’s to sit for about 5-7 mins, then slice and eat!
You’ll wonder why you ever ordered pizza out again!